Friday, January 19, 2007

What a difference 8 years make

8 years ago I was in my hometown and going to the local dance club every Thurs night for lady's night. My favourite song back then was Fatboy Slim's Rockafeller Skank. The DJ would catch my eye when I walked in, I'd wave and just a few minutes later everyone could hear that song blasting through the speakers as I would dance, dance, dance.
Flash forward 8 years later, the song begins to play on one of my favourite radio stations (Dave FM) and there I am... dancing in my kitchen, folding laundry and all the while wearing my cow slippers. My 2yr old joins in the dancing and there we are, a couple of crazy girls dancing in our slippers.
My life has certainly changed, and I wouldn't exchange it for the world.

1 comment:

boxercab said...

the dance dance dance kitty is hilarious!!!!

My how things have changed! :)