Friday, December 15, 2006

My hubby and his bug

Now my hubby is sick. I don't know if he has what Peanut had or the Chinese buffet offered a lot more than sweet and sour chicken. But it's pretty gross. I feel bad for him, but it's really hard to keep a straight face because he thinks he's dying. He was reassured that noone has ever died from diarrhea (cha-cha-cha), but me and my big mouth explained what dysentery is. So he told me to tell his mother that he loves her, he says there should be a paycheck in the mail soon, and that he wants to be buried as he is.
"Honey, you don't have dysentery, I'm pretty sure of it. It's probably just a 24 hour bug."
"Bug? I have a bug? Where is it?"
(me laughing uncontrollably because he's serious) "I think it's in your arm, best if we cut it out now."
"Oh, shit, really? It's an actual bug? A real bug inside of me? Is it big? I thought it was just my stomach! Not a bug!"
"Honey!! It's just a figure of speech, we say it's a bug but it's really a virus. Not a real bug."
"Damn Suzanne, if you mean a bug, say bug.. if you mean virus, say virus. Who calls a bug a virus?"
Mind you... his word virus comes out "wirus" because of his accent. I love being married to a Czech! They're so fun. :)

3 comments:

boxercab said...

LOL! Martin is great!

boxercab said...

And I hope he gets to feeling better soon!

Suzanne said...

Don't feel too bad for him though.. he refuses to take any medicine. He says it tastes nasty. So we're on day #2, he's still sick and whining on the sofa.. and will not take medicine. He's losing sympathy with me.
(But I'll still take care of him.. heh.. shhhh..) :)