Sunday, December 17, 2006

Word of the month: NO!

We should've never taught the word "No" to Peanut because it's become her favourite. Everything is "NO!". When she does want something she says "noooooooooooo" but when she doesn't want something she says "No! No! No! No!". Sometimes you can hear her in the crib when she has her morning chats with the stuffed animals.
But I wonder.. if she says no all the time in English, what would she say in Czech? Well.. she'd say "Ne" (neh), and I realized.. she says that too. But if we were German it'd be cute, "Nein! Nein!" and if we were Thai, it'd be "mai chai". My favourite would be French..."Non! Non!", and then she'd slap me and we'd all laugh about it later.
However, we're stuck with no and ne, and that's ok. I have a feeling "MINE!" will be next.

My hubby is all better now, after 3 days I convinced him to do a shot of Pepto which he chased it down with a shot of absynthe. Ironically it's the same cure his grandmother uses for stomach ailments.

2 comments:

boxercab said...

Glad to see that hubby was feeling better yesterday!

I had a great time with the entire family! Peanut is the cutest and funniest little thing! I love her laughs. And I need to say this outloud: I want to steal Mickie. Whew, that feels better. :P

Suzanne said...

I'll trade you Bruno for Mickie :)